Mrs Margaret Kenyon DL MA
Margaret was born in Liverpool in 1940, but all of her working life has been spent in Greater Manchester.
She read modern languages at Somerville College, Oxford, where she met and married a 'Manchester Man', Christopher Kenyon; her first teaching post was at Cheadle Hulme School. After two sons and a further spell of nine years at CHS, Margaret moved to Withington Girls' School, where she became Headmistress in 1986. Margaret was appointed North West Chairman of the Girls' Schools Association for three years, and National President in 1994, when the annual conference was for the first time, at her insistence, held in Manchester.
Margaret's other local appointments have included membership of the Granada Foundation since 1986, the Court of the University of Manchester from 1991 to 2004, and Trusteeship of the Museum of Science and Industry from 1998 to 2004.
In retirement, she has been a governor of Bolton School and Cheadle Hulme School since 2001, and Chair of the Manchester University Press Board since 2000.
Margaret was appointed a Deputy Lieutenant in 1998.